Something I love about the blogging community is being able to discover new blogs about any topic and finding like-minded writers. The people I’ve come across have all been very supportive, and it’s especially helpful when you’re a still a newbie! I want to thank Anjo for nominating me for the Liebster award, you can find her helpful and colourful blog over HERE. It covers topics from travelling to food, with motivational posts as well.
|(This is not my image and I do not own any rights)|
Here are The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
Write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will
be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
1. Why did you begin blogging? My friend Angela (nominated bellow) introduced me to the blogging world, and it’s after almost two years that I realised it was something that interested me. I wanted – and still want – to share my thoughts and feelings, and possibly help anyone who comes across my blog.
2. What is your favorite sport? I must say I’m not the best when it comes to sports. I remember really enjoying tennis, I guess that could count as my favourite (to play, and I enjoy watching it too).
3. What is your favorite characteristic about yourself? I’ve had to answer a similar question before, and I think it’s how caring I am. I’m honestly complete crap at reaching out and making the first step, but if a friend comes to me, I’ll always be there to listen and I always try and make sure not to minimise the situation. I’ve needed help and support in the past, so I try and give it the best I can now.
4. What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. I studied it in secondary school, and I absolutely loved it. It was one of the first times I actually read a book entirely, and I’m so glad I did. (That being said, there are probably other books I would’ve loved, but I didn’t really give them a fair chance). It’s a simple story to understand, and carries life lessons that made me want to become a better person.
5. What is the best place you’ve visited and why? The place I’ve visited that’s had the biggest impact on me is Vietnam. I’d never been in such a different country before, and it really opened my eyes to a whole different culture and way of living. It made me understand that my lifestyle wasn’t the only one out there, and that it wasn’t necessarily the best one. This trip helped me become more open-minded and slowly detach from my own societal ‘rules’, that I noticed aren’t the same everywhere.
6. What is your dream trip? This is a difficult question, as I have so many. The one I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time is a tour of South East Asia. I would also love to discover South America and Scandinavia.
7. What is your meaning of life? I’ve never really thought about it, but I guess I want life and the world to improve. I struggle to enjoy life as much as I could, because I constantly worry about all the things that are wrong in the world. I always feel like I’m not doing enough, that the others aren’t doing enough, so I pressure myself to always try and improve. I believe we should all try to make a positive change while we have the chance, that it’s our duty as citizens of the Earth. We might as well use the life we’ve been given to do some good.
8. What is your favorite social media handle? Right now, it’s twitter. I only got it when I started my blog, so at the end of May this year, and I still find it very useful and fun. Its main downside is all the negativity, insults and complete BS you find on it, but it hasn’t made me hate it just yet. Instagram is pretty nice too, but not as entertaining for me.
9. What is something you’d like to improve in your life? To be honest, I can't think of anything. I am quite satisfied with my life for the time being, and I don't think that anything needs improvement.
10. Who inspires you? I don’t necessarily have one particular person that comes to mind, but several people inspire me in their own way. I am inspired by people who help, encourage and support others; who not only want to do good, but who actually manage to do it. Pretty much everyone wants the world to be better place, but few actually act on it, and I find the ones who do amazing.
11. Beach, mountain or city? Definitely the Beach. Well a city near the beach. I grew up near the French Riviera, so the beach makes me feel at home. It makes me feel peaceful unlike anything else.
11 facts about myself
1. I am the youngest of 4 children
2. I’ve never broken any bones
3. I’ve lived in 4 different countries (France, USA, UK, Italy)
4. I really want to meet a cow
5. As a kid I wanted to own a farm
6. In the USA one of my kindergartens actually was a farm
7. I believe in reincarnation
8. I never leave my flat without a lipbalm
9. My favourite outfit is leggings and a jumper
10. I don’t like wearing heals
11. I was raised a catholic but lost faith around the age of 13
My 11 questions:
1. What’s your favourite aspect of blogging?
2. What’s your favourite tv show(s)?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What’s your favourite meal?
5. Where do you plan on travelling next?
6. When you started your blog, did you expect it all to be as it is now? (ex: amount of followers and readers…)
7. Where are you from? Name something positive about your country/ies.
8. Have you ever lived outside your home country? Where?
9. Where would you like to live if you get the opportunity?
10. What’s the main quality you look for in a friend?
11. If there is one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?
Can’t wait to read your answers, good luck!